Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Nook

Last Thursday we went to Best Buy where Clay bought me a Nook (the closest Barns and Noble is on Hilton Head Island about an hour away).  I had been reading books from my mom's account on my Ipod but that is small and hard to hold for long periods and if you accidentally turn or tilt it the page flips and often changes pages in order to accommodate the writing. 


I got the 3g nook and love it.  You can have up to 6 nooks on the same account so I am still using my mom's account.  You can have multiple credit cards on an account so we can both buy books and share them.  Even Clay can read them from his ipod (he doesnt read enough to justify spending the money on his own) when we run across one we think he may like. 

There are literally hundreds of thousands of free books to read AND they have what is called Free Friday where they offer a book for free that is sometimes a new release.

It is easy to tote around, I dont have to worry about the kids playing with it and loosing my page (As they do often with paper books), it takes up less room and is a little more earth friendly.

I am in love.

1 comment:

Sweet Green Tangerine said...

I got a Kindle for Christmas, and I too am in love. :) I preferred the Kindle only because of the keyboard & I know I'll use it in school. I really had my eye on that nook color, but that's ok. I was so against e-readers for the longest time, but now I'm glad I have it. I carry it everywhere & it's easier than a big heavy book. I'll still read paper books though.

BTW...I'm Becky's friend. :) Just visited Beaufort last week & loved it! Such a cute little town! We ate at Plums downtown & it was awesome.

http://sweet-green-tangerine.blogspot.com/