Friday, September 24, 2010

He is HOME!

We picked Clay up at the Savannah Airport Wednesday.  The kids are so happy to have him home.  His flight was supposed to get in at 6:30 so we went down there early, really early for a couple of reasons.  I wanted to go a little early so that we didn't get stuck in rush hour traffic on I95 and the kids had a Dr. appointment at 1pm here in Beaufort so after that we went to Biglots for a couple of items and at that point is was a little after 2.  The kids needed naps but I didn't want to go home and only to turn around and leave about an hour later so we just headed down to Savannah where I found a shady spot not to far from the airport and parked.  I took my Ipod so I could read a book on the nook app (more to come on the nook) and figured the kids could just sleep.  Well David woke up just after I pulled into a parking spot and rolled the windows down and he couldn't sit still so he woke Amelia up.  I sat there for as long as I could but the kids were getting antsy and wanted out of their seats so I moved over to Sams club and wandered up and down every single isle as slowly as I could.  By the time I got to the check outs it was 4:50 so I figured that by the time I got out of the store and everyone loaded up in the van it would be a little after 5 (and it was) and we would just go park in the airport parking garage and go in to wait.  Well once we got to the parking garage I decided to just give the kids the new books I bought at Sams and open the windows and doors to read for a little while.  Not long after parking I heard some people walking and talking and then heard abrupt stops and the s word come from about 2 cars back so then heard the foot steps start slowly towards the van and saw two security guards who must have thought that someone had just left kids strapped into their seats with the doors open.

At about 5:50 we went inside and I got the kids a muffin to split and a bottle of water from Starbucks then 6found a table to sprawl out at.  At about 6:15 the arrival board said that Clays flight had been delayed so we continued to hang out till his flight arrived at 6:55.  I have a short video of the kids seeing daddy again after 6 1/2 weeks that if  I can figure out how to load I will post.

No comments: