Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Happy birthday Babe!


Today is my wonderful hubby's birthday. He is 24 today. I didnt get to spend much time with him this morning since he left at 6:30 to go to the gym and I deffinatly was NOT ready to wake up yet even though David thought it was time to drink his milk and watch tv while propped up againest mommy (this works out well for me since it lets me sleep a little longer).


I guess I will tell you a little about my husband. His name is Clay and he was born and raised in Valdosta,Ga and joind the Marine Corps right out of high school. He didnt really know what he wanted to do with his life and the Marine Recruter just happend to get to him first. That was 5 1/2 years ago. When we first got married he was going to get out of the Corps once his contract was up but while we were pregnant with David we decided that it would be really hard to trasition back into civilian life with a 9 month old so we he should reenlist and since by the time the next contract was up he would have around 9 years in so why not just keep going until retirement. And once our son was born prematurely and all the bills were taken care of and the medical paperwork was all taken care of for us and his command let him take the time he needed to be with me while I was hospitalized and then with David when he was transfered to the closest NICU 50 miles away in Palms Springs,Ca, We decided that the military life was indeed for us.



No comments: