Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Personal Cookbook

Several years ago a friend gave me a cookbook with blank pages under tabbed sections where you could write in your own recipes.  I used that book till it fell apart and the pages were so splattered you could barely read them.  I looked all over for something similar but couldn't find anything I liked.  I wanted a full page to write not a little note card and I wanted a way to protect the pages from splatters and if I could type the recipe out that would be even better.  So I decided to make my own.  I used what I already had on hand.  A 3 ring notebook, page protectors and post it note tabs.



Here is the outside of my folder.  I still need to come up with a cover sheet but I will worry about that later.


I only place tried and true recipes that my family approves in this folder so the recipes that I am working on perfecting go in the front pocket then once they are just the way we like them the get put in the back pocket so I can type them up and print them out.  We are picky eaters so just about ever recipe has to be modified to suit our tastes.  All recipes are saved in a word document so if something happens to the printed pages I can just reprint them.  I may eventually ad pictures but I haven't decided yet.  I also have several recipes that are just in my head that I have yet to sit down and write out. 

I keep recipes printed off the internet or photocopied from cookbooks I have checked out from the library in a separate folder.

It is a work in progress and likely always will be.  I hope that I can one day print everything out and bake cookbooks for my kids when they grow up and move out.

No comments: