Thursday, July 22, 2010

Books

I love to read and thank my mother all the time for giving me that gift.  I am currently working my way through a very large body of work that consists of a 24 book series a 10 book series and 2 trilogies.  I have read the first trilogy and am now on book 24 and still looking for the second trilogy and 5 of the 10 book series.  The Author is Dana Fuller Ross and the series is called Wagons West.  It is a historical fiction (which I love since I LOVE history) that starts out with the first wagon train to leave New York for Oregon and it takes you on a journey of over 3000 miles then you follow the lives of the families up until around the time the arm and torch of the Statue of Liberty is delivered to America.  Some of the historical events include the Mexican War, several gold rushes, the Great Chicago fire, and I think Custers Last Stand is in book 24. 

 I have really enjoyed reading these books and of course since it is still a work of fiction I find myself constantly doing research to see exactly how things happened and their true time line.  I also enjoy learning more about life in the mid to late 1800's.  There is a little romance mixed in but not so much that men would not enjoy the books. 

Hopefully by the time I finish reading this large body of work my mom will have finished the Sookie Stackhouse books so I can start on them next.

What types of books do you enjoy reading?

No comments: